I asked Brian what another word for “smorgasbord” is — hence the title. Brian informs me that I haven’t written a blog in 5 days. And that I need to blog. I’ve had inspiration this week, but I just haven’t acted on it.
So, here are the topics that haven’t yet made it to my blog:
1) Love and Gratitude . . . and Water The True Power of Water by Masaru Emoto — fascinating book for my metaphysics class about how words can influence water.
2) Complaint-Free! — A Complaint Free World by Will Bowen — the next book I’m reading for my metaphysics class. It had me at “purple bracelets.”. Tangible reminders to aid in the consciousness of our thoughts? Great concept!
3) More Calories; More Exercise! I’m adjusting to my changing schedule, the changing weather, and my changing excuses, and I’m concerned I haven’t been taking in enough calories. I also haven’t been exercising enough. Last Tuesday I got in a 38-mile bike ride (awesome!) but I haven’t gotten a good workout since. I’ve gotta make it a priority.
4) New Top 10 I’d like to tweak my Top 10 list a bit from my last post.
5) Inspiring Art I really enjoyed the Coursera Art Course that is just finishing up this week. I finished up watching the videos, and I was amazed by what I learned. I didn’t think I liked contemporary/modern art, but I do! (At least, the parts I learned about from the class.) The class gave me some great ideas of some art projects I might try.
6) Busy, Busy, Busy Besides becoming more conscious of whether my thoughts are negative or positive, I’m becoming more aware of my incessant business, not matter where I find myself in life. I’m working on getting to the root of this and turning my perception around.
7) Deceptively Dark Book Club Books It’s “light” summer reading, so why do I feel agitated/depressed?
8) Precious Moments Those moments when the world stays still for you, and you experience perfection. (Not the figurines.)
And. . . that’s it for now. (I did it!) Time for bed. 🙂