If you were hoping for a coherent, organized blog this evening, you have come to the wrong place. . . but it could still be fun!
- I am still holding strong with the long hair. (I’ve had it pixie-cut-short before, and now it’s the longest it has been since grade school.) I finally drove out to my favorite stylist’s house and got some more layers put into it. It’s awesome, long and shaggy, and makes me feel beautiful and romantic — until I attempt to run my fingers through it. I kid you not, once I leave the house, my hair becomes a rat’s nest. I think it happens as soon as I step over the threshold, really. I hope it doesn’t LOOK like a rat’s nest, but I can feel at least 3 huge knots in it when I check. And how romantic is that? Picture this: there I am, looking lovingly into the eyes of my beloved; he’s holding my chin with one hand; he brushes back my hair with the other hand, going in for the kiss — and his hand gets stuck. Yes, that’s how the movie of my life. 😛
- What is with the (seemingly unhealthy) obsession with PlayStation4? I have now heard 3 stories from different people about how “broke” people have gone out and bought the system for themselves. (Actually, in one case, a boyfriend asked his struggling girlfriend to buy it for him for Christmas.) What is going on? I realize gaming is exciting, but have we lost some perspective here? My parents made me save up for my Nintendo (the first and last system I ever bought and played to DEATH), and I don’t remember struggling with the wait. That is all. I’m just baffled.
- There are some beautiful metaphysical posts I read from my wordpress reader. Some things weren’t labeled “metaphysical” but still magically fit right in with what I’ve been reading/studying! (Amazing how the universe ties things together!) I’d like to take a look at my reader more often, as long as I don’t get sucked in, like I did tonight. This week I want to do a search for “metaphysical”/”metaphysics” and find more people to follow.
- Facebook is still addictive and needs a leash. I’m happy I even got this post in tonight. That is all.
- Continuing with my emotions theme, today I pondered my fear of authority. I know this phenomenon is not limited to myself; I see every processor in the warehouse freeze up (to different degrees) when I come by with a book, and many have spoken of their fear of their superiors. So, is my fear connected to my place of work? Or does it go deeper? If it comes from my parents, I must have blocked it from my memory. I was a goody-two-shoes in school, reprimanded only twice that I can remember, and both incidences were for forgetting homework. Did it come from my experience with my cooperating teacher when I was a student teacher? I probably have some repressed emotions there. Or from a teaching position? I did experience fear at some points there. I’m not really sure where it comes from, but I find the fear unproductive and would like to do some exploring and healing when it comes up again.
- It is amazing how quickly I broke out this evening after eating ice cream. I think my breakouts were in a race against my tangling hair. It is nearly impossible for me not to finish an already-started pint of ice cream, if I am aware that it is waiting for me in the freezer. My Chocolate Oreo Volcano was delicious — and I am glad it’s finished!
- I finally got my book read! Power vs. Force was fantastic! I need to write about it for homework, so I may use that as my post for tomorrow.
- I have yet to finish my collage. I am going to start cutting out pictures as soon as I finish this post and until Brian makes me go to bed. 🙂
- I have been cutting media out of my life but have just agreed to start watching Battlestar Galactica again, since a wonderful person who I hardly ever see hasn’t seen it and wants to watch it with us. An excuse to spend time with people I love? I think this could work.
- I want to spend more time with people. First, because people are awesome, and second, because I know hanging with people is great for my spiritual growth. I think the only way to do this is to actually schedule things in, like my one of my friends did with her awesome vegetarian dinner get-together. I need a goal, like visiting with at least one friend per week. It would be great if I could make space for more than that. . .
- Brian has not come after me yet, so I will continue: I have 3 books from the library that I keep renewing because they are at the bottom of my “To Do” list. I am afraid I will have had them for 9 weeks without reading them, and this distresses me, because I do actually want to read them, but apparently not enough to read them instead of getting sucked into Facebook. Priorities. I may need to ditch Facebook someday. There’s some useful stuff on Facebook, though: informative stuff, stuff that makes me laugh, inspiration, etc. Plus people put events on there all the time that I don’t want to miss. There must be a happy medium somewhere.
- I just remembered that I was going to start cutting out pictures for my collage. I will start this now. Please enjoy this random, happy picture of an adorable baby (so I can squeeze a photo into this post):
Or if you find babies unappealing, perhaps you will enjoy the little rubber ducklings. If those are also repulsive to you, you may appreciate the softness of the blanket that reminds you of your favorite Linus-like blankie. If you don’t like babies or ducklings or soft blankets, may I draw your attention to the blank purity of the background? And if you don’t like babies or cute duckies or blankets or stillness, I’m honestly not sure why you’re still reading this blog.
- Wait! One more thing. Writing of babies, does anyone else who is metaphysical/believes in reincarnation, etc have a fascination with babies? Like seriously, I get all excited when I see a baby now (not like I wasn’t before, but even more so!) I find myself trying to be all telepathic, like, “Hey, you! What was it like there? How awesome that you’re not corrupted by the conscious mind yet! So, what are you thinking? Hey, why did you choose to be here???” And since I have not yet mastered the art of speaking telepathically with babies, we just sorta look at each other, with the same wide-eyed wonder and amazement. And then, we share a beautiful smile. 🙂