Sometimes when I go away and my routine gets disrupted, I find it harder to remember my dreams. Fortunately, my dreams have come back, and with a vengeance! Here are the last two days:
- Substitute aid for a P.E. class. P.E. teacher is in a classroom (a bit larger). He is gathering up all of the materials when I come in. Makes a comment about materials left in the hallway by someone else.
- I am hugging a bunch of men to say goodbye. For some they seem very attached to me. One I kiss on the lips, not meant sexually, but the guy’s eyes light up in surprise. And one guy and I end up dancing a bit. Some older woman (teacher/authority) breaks us up, and we find another way to dance further apart, holding each other’s hands with arms out.
- Sitting in chairs, including students, reminiscing over old days.
- Girl not treated fairly. We investigate.
- ___________ ? people help me move shelves?
- Climbed a mountain — looked out around as if to try to seethe whole world (as if talking to someone. Then kind of slid down the mountain. Went back to my house. (Slid a little lucidly in the dream.) Was moving fast through neighborhood. Car there, but I imagined my route would be clear. Back to my house (flat?) Greeted my boys with a hug and kiss. I was male. Wife there.
- Some kind of movie-like scenario with bad guys coming after more laid-back good buys, but they have ingenious home-made contraptions to knock out the bad guy, including a barrel that explodes and lets out farts while the guys are already trapped down. Later wife is upset because these shenanigans have destroyed the house a bit. Huge crack against the wall. We have a fight, and I say to her that she doesn’t appreciate me, basically. I clarify that I think I’m awesome, but she doesn’t. I get no reaction from her.
- Sitting in a car. (Larger car) Certain way to sit. By twos. (Concert?)
- Visited YMCA to talk about my business. Some distractions. (And her fixing up area.) I don’t know that we end up talking about it.
- My sister is upset. She and Mom have been together and she has had some items stolen from her purse/bag (or at least, they are missing). She begins replacing some, like nail polish and maybe other make up. She and Mom are pretty concerned it happened in their quick stop at a hotel. I ask them which hotel because I say I don’t want the same to happen to me.
- Mom (at Bobi’s — grandma’s) showing me some jewelry she is wearing (maybe necklace?) She laughs about how Dido goes/would go around the house opening all of the blinds, and Bobi closes them.
- My body was freaky skinny. I had like no behind at all, and I just felt really flimsy like there was no sustenance for me.
- Planning to move to Hollywood. For a moment I identified with Marilyn Monroe (felt I was her). I began to change my mind, though, knowing how expensive the city would be. (I think that I told my boss it was going to be my last day.) Saw a medium-sized model of the city.
- Something with a girl sitting on my lap and then getting up and telling me how she wanted to be at her pool at home.
- I remember walking somewhere. I think we changed the traffic signals accidentally by saying “green” by them.
- Guy walking around with goodies. I was trying to decide, choose from the plate of sweets. I chose a chocolate cupcake with white frosting, since I had gotten this one knocked over as I was looking. But then the whole plate ended up flipped over.
- Some talking about a presentation to be happy/happening? 3 or 4 lion-like creatures (animatronics or real?) and talk that the dragon would emerge — just on that day!
- 3 characters; seems went up into the sky. The first two were serious and the last one was fun-loving.
- Talking about talking to people at a party. When asked, I said it would be different if I were at my particular friend’s house and talking to people. I’d be like “Hey! Loosen up. Have some fun.” People thought this was funny.
- Some guy did some questionnaire-contest thing.
Day 1 Symbols and Synthesis:
I’m a substitute, P.E. teacher, class materials, hugs, men, kiss, dance, older woman authority figure, hands/arms, chairs, students, girl, shelves, mountain, house, car, sons, hugs and kisses, I’m a male, wife, bad guys, crude/rough good guys, home-made weapon contraptions, farts, wife, crack in wall, car, people sitting, concert?, YMCA, sister, Mom, purse/bag, hotel, make-up/nail polish, Mom, jewelry (necklace?), Bobi, Bobi’s house, Dido, blinds, skinny body.
I’m not going to analyze every bit, so what strikes me about this dream first is that I’m a substitute P.E. teacher. My intuitive reports talked about the importance of me being grounded, rooted in the physical, and in the importance of touch. I believe this means I am exploring this. I am also really connecting with subconscious mind, in the interactions I have with the men and with my two little boys. PLUS I actually identify as a male. Really seeing myself subconsciously. There is some dissonance that I experienced with the battling men and in my interactions with the older woman and with my wife. The crack in the wall is probably a good thing — it is breaking down limitations. However, my conscious mind is unhappy about it. I am intrigued by the hotel and jewelry situations. We have the common theme of expression between the two. In one, I am consciously, rapidly trying to replace self-expression that I have lost while going in and out of universal mind. In the other, a superconscious aspect is showing off some self-expression. The blinds make me think of allowing awareness and light in and out of the mind.
Move, Marilyn Monroe, boss, model of Hollywood, girl, lap, traffic signals, raffle?, guy, dessert plate, chocolate cupcake, real/machine creatures, 3 characters, the sky, party, party people.
These dreams just seem really fluffy to me with the Hollywood, Marilyn Monroe, the desserts, the magical creatures, people floating into the sky, being at a party. What I get out of this for myself is that I need to get myself grounded, relax, make wise moves, get out of my head, and take in wholesome knowledge from my experiences.
Do you want to share your dream? I love to hear others’ dreams! Please e-mail me your dream: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like, I’ll respond with some suggestions of possible meanings and see what resonates with you. Then please share how you would apply that to your life and let me know if you’d like to be featured in a “Dreamy Wednesday” post!