Wow! I’ve just realized that the time is flying! I’ve done a little more walking. The weather has been crazy rainy in Chicagoland, so Saturday night Brian and I went for a mall walk, 2 laps around. The sun is finally out today, so maybe I will brave the weather a bit!
I’ve been poking around on a few sites and was also gifted a guide book by my mom, with another one coming from my Amazon points. I am so grateful for the support I have received so far! I am including an introductory packing list that I may add to throughout this experience:
- Passport — Check!
- Wallet — Check! (But I’ll need to check on my debit card usability and let the credit card companies know I’ll be gone.)
- 3 70-page Journals — Check! I plan on doing a lot of reflecting!
- Phone — Check!
- Charger — Check! Still debating on whether to bring 2. I may have to wrestle Brian for one. . .
- 3 Wool socks — Check!
- Light sleeping bag — I think I just ordered this. (Coming soon!)
- Sleeping bag liner — Borrowing from Dad
- Rain poncho — Just ordered 🙂
- Inflatable pillow — * Need to look into this one. I may get away without it, using my fleece or something.
- Water bottle — Check!
- Bar of soap — Check!
- Deodorant — Check! But I may want to switch from the cream to the Roll-on for convenience.
- Toothbrush/toothpaste — Check!
- Quick-Dry Towel — *Need to locate it.
- Quick-Dry wash cloth— *Need to locate it.
- Pilgrims Passport for your country — Ordered!
- A Guide Book — Yes and on its way!
- Bandages? — *Need to look into this! I do have moleskins!
- Hiking Boots — YES! And I LOVE them! Thank you, Mom! My narrow, flat feet are uber happy. I seriously felt them crying from relief and joy at the store yesterday.
- 3 pairs of underwear (quick dry) — Check!
- 2 long hiking pants (zipper off to shorts) — Check!
- 3 long-sleeved quick dry shirts — Check!
- 3 quick dry bras — Check! (Though I may try to go without on some days!)
- 2 night clothes sets (2 tankinis and 2 mesh shorts) — Check!
- Zipper up fleece — I think I have this; Check!
- Lightweight jacket — Check!
- flip flops — Check!
- sun hat — Ordered!
- bandana — Check!
- Gloves — Check! (Just gotta figure out which to bring.)
- Ear cover — Check!
- Hiking backpack — Check! Thanks, Mom! I was going to use my huge Rick Steve’s one, but Mom splurged and got me a hiking one.
I think I pretty much have everything! I’ll be taking a look at the guide books to see if they suggest anything else.
I figured out that my nightmare from last week was based on the fears I had about this trip. I’m really stretching myself this year — even more than last year!
This morning I had my very first teeth falling out dream. It was awful! I can now officially sympathize with all of the other teeth-losing dreamers out there — it’s amazing how much we take for granted! I am so grateful for you, teeth! Losing teeth is considered losing the tools for assimilation, and usually I’ve seen a connection to overwhelm in those who have this dream. That does resonate with me! Today I’ve been utilizing Barbara Caine’s 25-minute chunk time management strategy and am slowly hacking away at my “to accomplish” list.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
Much love, many blessings. ❤