I had a fantastic weekend at the School of Metaphysics (national headquarters). I’m not sure I’ve really assimilated everything, but here are the highlights:
1. Lots of hugs!
2. Had a great car ride up and great car ride back with some fantastic people. The weekend doesn’t start when you get there and doesn’t end when you leave!
3. Had a beautiful sing-a-long holiday concert. I realized today that I feel like the holidays are completed early. We did Christmas, yo! It’s all good. 🙂
4. Got a lot of positive feedback about my singing. (I know I have a great voice, but it’s so nice to hear someone else believe it, too!)
5. Had a great bird dream. Grand white bird flew in right in front of me. I petted its head. We bonded.
6. Learned how to cut squash. (Slide the huge knife. Slliiiide forward. Not chop!)
7. Enjoyed some sweeping, mopping, and drying. (Yes, I’m serious.)
8. Learned about relaxing, being positive, breathing, and not comparing while making a huge batch of eggs.
9. Took a three hour nap Friday and later got to sleep in. (No explanation needed.)
10. Enjoyed showers with super lovely hot water. (No explanation needed.)
11. Learned about self-worth and finding meaning in work — and other wonderful lessons — while eavesdropping on conversations. (Everyone is cool with being vulnerable and letting other people in on what they are going through. It is awesome.)
12. Learned about being truthful and direct (but not unkind) when I witnessed the interactions between different students.
13. Talked a little bit about unconditional love and compassion and the value of using Mary as an ideal for receptivity.
14. Meditated outside, sitting in a tree. Another student and I sat on a large branch and relaxed in nature. I didn’t even notice the rain starting to fall. (Good thing I brought a change of pants!)
15. Got to experience a little of Windyville life when giving bread to neighbors and hearing one of the area directors talk about the land and his experiences as a student on campus. (Black bears, mountain lions, and elk, oh my!) One older gentleman invited us in to his workplace, which used to be a mail room and was across the way from an old general store. We saw his amazing wood carvings of ships and some beautiful acrylic work of the town, boats, and light houses.
16. Read the peace covenant in the peace dome at 5:45 in the morning, and then meditated with another student and my teacher right afterward. (Group meditation rocks!)
17. Had the BEST bread and the most delicious raw butter and raw milk, right from the school. (Didn’t even notice we hadn’t had dessert. The bread and butter combo was practically orgasmic!)
18. Perfect driving conditions! (Thank you, winter weather!)
19. Shared chocolate, cheddar popcorn, Shaklee chips dipped in avocados, and chocolate covered raisins. (Oooo yum!)
20. Witnessed the winter wonderland of crystal forests, dressed in the frozen drippings. Heard the crackling of ice, the droning of cows, and also the still silence of a space separated from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world.
21. Saw a wonderful slide show of the past year at SOM from a student living on campus.
22. Was happy to be heading home but a little disappointed that it was over. I’m looking forward to the next weekend!