5 “Happy Thoughts of the Day”, starting with the most recent:
5. Pumpkin Ice Cream (Non-Dairy!) Brian made it with frozen pumpkin puree, frozen bananas, Shaklee 180 (vanilla), almond milk, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract. (Lovely 10pm snack! :-))
4. Reading Bossypants on the couch. I have renewed this book (as well as 2 others) 3 times! Which means I’ve had it for over a month and a half. And before tonight I had about 5 pages read to show for it. FINALLY, I got to it today, and I’m really enjoying it. I was having a bit of a love/hate relationship with it for a while: “Fey is the funniest ever!. . . Ooo. . . that one was mean; maybe not my sense of humor. . .” But then I jumped around in the book and realized it was indeed pretty funny overall, starting up again. I can totally see why my improv teacher recommended it. Fey makes some very good improv points. Besides the enjoyability of this particular book, it is also so nice to just be sitting here, reading, for fun. I’m finally allowing time for it. (Gotta finish this post so that I can get back to it!)
3. Got some important things accomplished today, simple things: post office, buying toilet paper, and getting the litterbox completely cleaned out (TMI?), but I am celebrating the small things!
2. Animal love. Got some bonding time in with the animales today. Chased Link around a bit when he was in his crazy mood and cuddled with all 3 of my lovies at some point or another throughout the day.
1. Did some exploring and decided I want to be a dance therapist! I’m afraid to get too excited about it — because I have the tendency to get super excited about something and have second thoughts soon after — but I read up on the profession, and it sounds right up my alley, combining something I enjoy (physicality/dance!) with helping others (therapy). I’m going to talk with Cindy about it during our next phonecall.
What are your “happy thoughts” today?