I am having MAJOR procrastination issues tonight. I had some time to do some prep for a 10-minute talk that I’m going to give Wednesday, and I completely stalled. I was even aware of the stalling as I was doing it — and I did it anyway. So, in an effort to get a blog post done and do some thinking about my lesson (we’re supposed to present it as if we’re teaching it), I present to you some of the points of my assigned metaphysics lesson on friendship:
- Give your full attention when you are interacting with another. The more attention you give, the clearer the images will be that you present to the other, and the more easily you will be able to image what you are receiving.
- “Begin identifying as a wise person.” I have heard something similar said by Jeff Goins about being a writer: Don’t fantasize about being a writer. You are a writer! Live like it! The same can be said about being a wise person. Live as if you are already enlightened, as if you are already living moment-t0-moment, as if you are already manifesting abundance and giving and receiving unconditional love.
- Keys to friendship are honesty and openness. They help us understand who we are, and we can share about the deeper meaning of life.
- Expand your friendships by sharing what your discoveries about yourself and the world around you.
- The more you share love, the more your capacity for love grows.
- Do not let seemingly unpleasant experiences of friendship in the past ruin your opportunities and experiences of friendship in the present and future.
- Keep your eyes open for friends of past lives! Do not judge a book by its cover; follow your heart and stay attentive in every new interaction. You may meet someone who you are attracted to or who you know you’ve known before/ You may also see the light of spirit in someone who is looking to grow, as you are.
- Don’t forget the importance of developing friendship with yourself! Dream analysis, willed concentration, and meditation are important means of connecting your conscious to your subconsious. Take advantage! Let your inner relationship grow!
- Trust yourself. (And love yourself.)
- Be clear on your ideal and always keep it in the forefront of your mind.
- Let your light shine — on everything! (Don’t “keep it under a basket”, right? :-)) Make every moment count!
- Love unconditionally, without reservation. Love those who you feel you cannot love, especially them! They are in your life for a reason: perhaps to help you increase in your own compassion of others. . . or even of yourself!
- Give and receive freely. Keep the circle flowing. And have a personal ideal and purpose in your giving, to avoid the creation of resentment. Resentment is poison. (Boy, do I know this!)
- Develop your ability to visualize. And friendships can help with this. (See the first note.)
- What are your favorite affirmations? (Which ones have you used this week?) Be still and become aware of your thoughts. Which ones are running your life? Do not suppress those “negative” feelings; give yourself a healthy/safe outlet; and then objectively decide whether or not you want to continue in that direction. When we do decide to make a change, “it produces ten times the results”!
- Feeling uncomfortable inside? That’s a good thing! It’s your cue that you’re itching to do some learnin’ and growin’!
- Thought is cause. Prayer heals.
- Seek first the truth and the light, seek a connection with the Source of creation, and then all will be given. But don’t focus only on the second part of that! We’ve all seen what happens to those who do. Build your foundation, and the rest will come to you.
We give thanks for friendship!