I’ve made some big changes this year, and I’ve already gone through a lot in 2012. I’ve been thinking a lot, going back through my memories and blogs (and more reminiscing is to come, I assure you).
With the improvements I’m making to myself, I keep wanting to push things just that one step further.
Here is what has happened so far:
1. I picked yoga back up in the fall.
2. In the fall I also began stopping by my parents’ to use their elliptical once a week (now sometimes twice).
3. Lately I’ve tried to walk/bike/dance/something another day each week.
4. In the fall I cut back on snacks filled with preservatives.
5. I also began buying more organic fruits and vegetables.
6. Two weeks ago I started giving up meat. This has encouraged me to consume more vegetables.
7. 7 days ago I gave up ice cream. 3 days ago I started giving it up again. (Work in progress.)
8. Lately I’ve limited sweets mainly to dark chocolate, veering off a bit when I’m out with company. This has encouraged me to consume more fruit.
9. I picked up meditation but lost it when the 21-Day Meditation Challenge ended. (Now I just try to meditate briefly here-and-there in the moment.)
10. In the past week I’ve been paying particular attention to my emotions, my intentions, and whether I’m emitting positive or negative energy.
11. I am refocusing on the consistency of my supplementation. I’m taking my multivitamin, Nutriferon — when I feel I need an immune boost, GLA complex for hormone regulation, Vivix for overall health and well-being, and now Moodlift Complex “for a positive mental outlook.”
12. I’ve also decided to avoid any and all medication (except in emergency cases).
I feel like I’m experimenting on my body, but in a positive way. With each change, I observe my body’s reaction. With any setbacks, again, I observe what’s going on inside. It’s been an interesting ride, and I look forward to experiencing the results!